Atlanta. Hotlanta. Totlanta. The A.
You know what I love about this city?
My favorite part of being an Atlanta mom blogger is that I get to explore this amazing city (and take a million pictures!) all in the name of research. Pretty sweet, right?
I've listed some things that you should definitely check out this month in Atlanta. It's not intended to be a complete list of all the awesome things that are going on in our great city this month, but it's a good start. What would you add?
Atlanta Family-Friendly Events And Attractions In March, 2015
- Atlanta Botanical Garden - Spring is always a great time to visit Atlanta Botanical Garden. The lush greenery comes alive with pops of color as petals burst from their buds. Don't miss out on the opportunity to see the garden dressed in its springtime best during Atlanta Blooms! Check out the Orchid Society Show from March 13-15 see hundreds of orchids on display (you can even purchase one to take home). If you have a child that is interested in amphibians, make sure to visit on a Saturday at 11 a.m. for the Frog Feeding in the Fuqua Conservatory lobby.
- Stone Mountain Park - The weather will be heating up very soon, so now would be the perfect time to visit Stone Mountain Park. My family and I love to hike up the mountain before it gets too hot and humid outside. There are no special events planned for March 2015, so take advantage of the smaller crowds to get out there and explore!
- Fernbank Museum of Natural History - Visit on March 22 for Science on the Screen: Jurassic Park. This special presentation includes an analysis by a paleontologist of some of the most iconic scenes from the film. March 14 - Wild Poisons Day - is another great time to visit Fernbank. There are many activities, demonstrations, and more on the schedule, so come ready to learn!
- World of Coca-Cola - If you call all soft drinks a "Coke," then you should probably check out World of Coca-Cola. It's more than just a museum or art gallery. You can learn about the beverage company's history and process, all while having a lot of fun! Make sure to download the World of Coca-Cola Explorer app before your visit to unlock even more fun on your visit. (Bonus: It's FREE!)
- Zoo Atlanta - Do you have a toddler aged three or four years old? Bring them to Zoo Atlanta for the Adventure Cubs programs on March 4th and 7th. You can learn all about animals together in a toddler-friendly way. Advance registration is required.
- Georgia Aquarium - Any time is a good time to visit Georgia Aquarium, but did you know that March 7th is Superhero Day? Children 12 and under can visit the Georgia Aquarium FREE of charge (with a paid adult) if they come dressed as a superhero. Visit the calendar for more details on this special offer.
- Children's Museum of Atlanta - Visit the Children's Museum of Atlanta this month to learn all about Science with Dr. Science's Science Wondershop. These events, held each Sunday, are FREE of charge but advance reservations are required.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta - Star Wars fans, listen up! LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta will debut the new LEGO Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace Miniland Model Display on March 21st and 22nd. You can take part in many Star Wars-themed activities that weekend, including a meet and greet with the 501st Legion. I, for one, will not miss this Force-filled weekend!
Do you have a favorite Atlanta attraction?