Does your child suffer from seasonal allergies? Coughing, sneezing, runny nose, hives... Allergies can make the everyday routines of a child's life even more challenging.
When fall allergy triggers started to affect Danger again, I turned to once-daily Children's Claritin. I like that Children's Claritin is super effective at alleviating her allergy symptoms, but I LOVE that it is non-drowsy. Bradshaw women don't handle sleep-inducing meds all that well. We turn into cranky girls, which is much worse than the allergy symptoms that we have to deal with.
If your child is sniffling a bit more than usual, she might be dealing with seasonal allergies. What can you do to relieve her symptoms? Check out these 9 tips for reducing allergy symptoms:
- Be sure to have Children’s Claritin, the #1 pediatrician-recommended non-drowsy allergy brand, on hand!
- Multi-vitamins are building blocks to having a strong immune system. Make taking a multi-vitamin part of your child’s daily routine.
- Let there be light! Mold doesn't like sunlight, so try to keep your curtains open during the day. Should be easy during the summer months!
- Did you know that most pillows trap allergens, dust mites, and bacteria? Monitor the cleanliness of the pillow your child with allergies sleeps on and replace if necessary.
- Back to school season means lots of laundry for many moms. Be sure to remove laundry from the washing machine promptly. Allowing wet clothes to sit in the washer means mold can quickly grow there.
- Monitor pollen counts and adjust outdoor before and after school activities accordingly. Dry, windy days can be particularly high in pollen.
- Showering or bathing at the end of the day as opposed to the morning can be helpful in removing allergens from body surfaces and hair.
- Stay hydrated! Always send your child to school with a bottle of water. Drinking lots of clear fluids through the day can help get rid of toxins and flush out body.
- Peak pollen production typically occurs in early morning, so try to plan outside activities at other times of the day.
Does your child suffer from seasonal allergies? What steps do you take (beyond Children's Claritin) to help alleviate the symptoms?
Also - Don't forget that you can vote to give children in need a safe place to play! Your vote will help select which schools will receive a playground in the partnership between Children's Claritin and KaBOOM!
As a member of the Children’s Claritin Mom Crew, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience.