Reminder: It's almost Mother's Day, the day for celebrating Mom and just how amazing she is. Do you know what Mom really wants for Mother's Day? Allow me clue you in!
What Mom Really Wants:
- Noise-cancelling headphones.
- The hosts of TLC's "Clean Sweep" to come clear out the clutter that's accumulated over the years and breathe new life into her home.
- A personal chef for a month.
- And on that note, a weekly maid service. For a year. Or fifty.
- A 'real' hair cut from an actual salon. Craft scissors over her own bathroom sink just ain't going to cut it anymore. (See what I did there?)
- Chocolate. Moms just love chocolate.
And if you are going to do something cliché, might I suggest that you do every single cliché thing that you can think of? For instance, instead of just flowers or a card or jewelry, give mom flowers+card+jewelry+scented candle+photo frame+purse+chocolate. It's really not that expensive, nor does it take a lot of planning. But if you give mom just one of the above, you are showing her that she is not the awesome person that she is - and that's really not cool.
While Mother's Day certainly is not all about the gifts, let's face it - if anyone deserves to be spoiled rotten, it's your dear old mom. (Or the mother of your child, right Andre?)
What are you doing for your Mom this year? Or better yet, Mom, what'll you have?
To my Mom: I'm taking you to Disney World and providing you with a very nice dinner on Mother's Day. Don't get too crazy with your requests.