It's time for another Ho Ho Holiday season in Atlanta, and you know what that means - Festive lights, decadent goodies, presents, and SANTA! (Not to name drop or anything, but I kinda know him 😉) Popular Atlanta family attractions and events commemorate the season of indulgence with special overlays, activities and celebrations. Let's explore several top family-friendly attractions at the holidays.
Favorite Ways to Celebrate the Holidays With Kids in Atlanta
- Candlelight Nights at Atlanta History Center - This isn't your typical holiday extravaganza. The historic homes are decked out in their holiday best with live entertainment, crafting opportunities, reindeer games, seasonal storytelling, an artist market, and even a visit from Santa himself. The event lasts only two nights this season: December 15 and December 22.
- Holiday Tours at the Fox Theatre - See the stunning Fox Theatre like never before as you explore the festive hallways and sip hot cocoa or warm cider in the famed auditorium. Tickets can be purchased in advance for events held on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays through the end of December.
- World of Coca-Cola - Coke is basically a standard-issue staple for Southern families. What better way to ring in the season than by visiting the World of Coca-Cola to explore holiday happenings, like the "History of the Coca-Cola Santa" attraction, Taste the Season special beverage tastings, seasonal photo opps with the beloved Polar Bear, and more.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer at the Center for Puppetry Arts - My family and I have a tradition of seeing the adorable puppet show, and we are sure you'll enjoy it, too! This year, your child can make a King Moonracer Rod Puppet at the Create-A-Puppet Workshop. Stick around to explore the large and interactive Worlds of Puppetry Museum, included in the price of an all-inclusive ticket.
- Holiday Bricktacular at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta - Children of all ages will enjoy a LEGO Big Tree Build, MINILAND Santa theming, and more! Dress in an ugly holiday sweater to receive 10 percent off your retail ticket purchase (restrictions may apply).
... and more! Our city is not one to shy away from the 'go big or go home' mantra, especially during the holiday season. Whether you prefer the learning opportunities at Fernbank Museum or Georgia Aquarium, the magnificent beauty of Garden Lights, Holiday Nights at Atlanta Botanical Garden, Santa and snow at the annual Stone Mountain Park Snow Mountain experience, or the timeless appeal of the Six Flags Over Georgia theme park experience, there's an event for just about any winter holiday enthusiast in the heart of Georgia.
Which family-friendly attractions or events are you most looking forward to experiencing with your loved ones this year?