Would it be completely cliché to say that Hurricane Harbor is the coolest addition to Six Flags Over GA? It is also the largest expansion in the history of the park, adding new thrills and chills to Atlanta's sole theme park. With 10 new slides and a 38 thousand square foot wave pool, it's no wonder why this new addition has been so highly anticipated. Best of all? It's FREE to enjoy with your Six Flags admission! Take a peek:
Hurricane Harbor Attractions At Six Flags Over GA
Calypso Bay, the 38,000 square foot wave pool, is the closest thing to the beach in the city of Atlanta. With two wave generators creating eight different wave patterns, it's no surprise that these waves can be quite powerful. A little tip? Don't turn your back on these waves!
Bonzai Pipelines, a trio of slides, send guests whirling through 180- and 360-degree curves as you drop 41 feet down into the water below.
For the adventurous types, the new Tsunami Surge will thrill - and chill - you with it's five-story drop and 360-degree turns. But the best part? The big zero-gravity surprise as you loop around a massive wave wall!
Small children will enjoy Paradise Island, the children's water playground that boasts six slides and hundreds of interactive water elements, like water cannons, fountains, pumps, and more.
After spending the day walking through the rest of the Six Flags park, Hurricane Harbor is a fun way to cool off and make some memories.
6 Tips For Visiting Hurricane Harbor With Kids
- Bring sunscreen! This almost goes without saying, but you will need plenty of waterproof sunscreen for your day at Six Flags. (I highly recommend Blue Lizard sunscreen.)
- Life jackets are provided free of charge for all guests, so if you have a child that is not quite ready to venture out into the water alone, grab a life vest off the rack.
- Boo-boos happen, especially with smaller children. A first aid station is located on the right side of the wave pool to take care of your minor needs.
- Changing rooms, showers, and bathrooms are conveniently located in a couple of locations around Hurricane Harbor. Make a mental note of where they are located when you arrive so that you can rush your small child to them when needed. Also keep in mind that diapers can ONLY be changed in the bathroom changing stations.
- If you need to bring a diaper bag, purse, or other items, I suggest renting a locker. They aren't exactly cheap ($15+) but you won't have to worry about someone possibly grabbing your things while you are enjoying the water with your child.
- Some slides have height restrictions. Please remember that all guests under 36" tall must be accompanied by an adult to experience Paradise Island.
We had a great time exploring the new Hurricane Harbor additions at Six Flags Over GA! While my nephew enjoyed rushing from slide to slide, Danger and I were really in our element in the Calypso Bay Wave Pool. Six Flags Over GA is open now through August 10th, so make sure to stop by this summer to let off a little bit of steam.
What is your favorite Hurricane Harbor attraction?
I was invited to preview the new Hurricane Harbor attraction with my family. We received complimentary admission, a meal, and other perks while we were there, in order to share a detailed review with the Atlanta Classic Mommy blog readers.