One thing that I really love about being an Atlanta mom blogger is that there is always something new and exciting going on at our city's best family-friendly attractions. There are so many opportunities for families to continue learning through play over the summer, which makes June a particularly exciting month to visit Atlanta. Bookmark (or Pin!) this page so that you can keep these important dates in mind for your summer break.
Stone Mountain Park
- June 7: Kiss 104.1 Family Soul Fest
- June 11 - 14: Atlanta Fest
- June 15 - 20: Educator Appreciation Week
- Don't miss the new Laser Show (with more music - like Idina Menzel's "Let it Go" and Philip Phillips "Home!")
- June 5 - 8: World Oceans Week
- June 26: SeaNights!
- Southern Hospitality Discount until June 13th for GA and neighboring states!
- Check out these tips to make the most of your day at the Georgia Aquarium.
Children's Museum of Atlanta
- June 7: Let's Read, Let's Move
- June 10: Target FREE Tuesday
- June 14: Meet the Holidays: Father's Day
- June 21: Meet the Holidays: Dano
- The Children's Museum of Atlanta is offering FOUR summer camps!
- June 4, 7: Adventure Cubs - Animal Dads
- June 14: Family Nightcrawlers - Outstanding Oceans
- June 25, 28: Stroller Cubs - Animal Dads
- June 28: Deluxe Nightcrawler - Remarkable Rhinos
- Take a peek at some other exciting events and programs at Zoo Atlanta!
Fernbank Museum of Natural History
- June 15: Superhero Day 2014
- June 20: Fernbank Forest Twilight Tour
- Find more educational opportunities on the Fernbank Museum calendar.
Atlanta History Center
- June 21 - 22: Wells Fargo FREE Admission Weekend
- The Atlanta History Center is also offering Summer Camps!
- Check out the Atlanta History Center calendar to help plan your visit.
Atlanta Botanical Garden
- June 6: Creedence Clearwater Revival performs at Concerts In The Garden
- Saturdays at 11 a.m. - Frog Feeding!
- Beautiful displays all month long include Imaginary Worlds: A New Kingdom Of Plant Giants and Philip Haas The Four Seasons.
- Visit the Atlanta Botanical Garden calendar for more details.
Also worth mentioning are the new attractions at these Atlanta hangouts:
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta is debuting the new Ninjago Laser Maze this week! It looks really fun - I can't wait to try it out!
Six Flags Over Georgia recently opened Hurricane Harbor, the new in-park waterpark.
World of Coca Cola has debuted a new short film, "Moments of Happiness," a pop culture exhibit by Howard Finster, and a new mobile app!
Atlanta's Center For Puppetry Arts will delight the younger set with the return of Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat.
I'm not sure if anything new has been added to the menu at LottaFrutta, but June is the PERFECT month to visit! We especially enjoy picking up our food and taking it to the Old Fourth Ward Park and Playground on sunny Saturdays.