Orlando, FL is one of the best family vacation destinations in the Southeast, and it's easy to see why: Orlando is home to many amazing theme parks, water parks, restaurants and famous attractions. On Saturday, Team Bradshaw spent the afternoon wandering around SeaWorld Orlando, taking in the attractions, animals, and atmosphere of this large and beautiful park.
SeaWorld Orlando is packed full of animal education opportunities and incredible animal encounters that delight millions of guests each year. From Shamu's Happy Harbor to the animals of the Wild Arctic, guests can enjoy a Sea of Surprises in a variety of new and exciting ways.
My family and I were excited to celebrate SeaWorld's 50th birthday on our trip to Orlando. Take a peek at our adventure:
We visited the park on a very sunny day, but we managed to spend some time exploring the park without getting sunburned or overheating. Want to learn our tricks and tips for visiting SeaWorld Orlando with kids? Here are just a few of the ways that we made our experience even more memorable:
7 Tips For Visiting SeaWorld Orlando With Kids
- Check out the performance schedule ahead of time so that you can better plan for your day. Compare show times with the map - you can save a lot of backtracking that way!
- Pick up your Will Call tickets at one of the computer kiosks, if available. The line for Will Call can get very long, but if you have your confirmation number, you can plug that in to the kiosk and be on your way pretty quickly.
- Consider adding one of the animal encounter experiences to your visit. The Wild Arctic Up-Close Experience brings you face to face with seals, beluga whales, and even the adorable walrus, all while teaching about animal care.
- Bring a small mister bottle with you. It can get very hot outside, and there isn't a lot of shade available on the walking paths.
- ...and on that note, WEAR SUNBLOCK! We absolutely love Blue Lizard products to stay burn-free!
- In the hottest part of the day, why not escape somewhere cool? Visit attractions like Wild Arctic or Journey to Atlantis to beat the heat.
- If you plan to spend some time really exploring the park - and trust me, it will take you a day to really go through everything! - then you will need to eat onsite. The SeaWorld All Day Dining Deal can be a great option for families that plan to spend a whole day at the park, but if you only need one meal and would like to save a bit of money, skip the plan and just grab something at one of the many dining locations.
Have you visited SeaWorld Orlando? What would you add to this list of tips?
My family and I received a complimentary SeaWorld Orlando admission as part of a travel blogger program with Allegiant Air and Visit Orlando. All opinions in this article are from my own personal experience.